Council Land & Property
The Parish Council is responsible for a considerable amount of property including flag poles at the Village Hall and War Memorial - the list includes donors, dates, locations etc.
The council owns a little over 7 acres of land - the playing field, halls, car park and play areas sit on 5 acres, allotments are 2 acres further along Main Street, and the War Memoral mound is on Church Hill.
King George's Fields
were set up in 1936 on the death of His Majesty King George V to promote playing fields throughout the UK. Heraldic panels appear on the oak gates to the field on Main Street. The parish council is the sole trustee. The playing field is permanent - in perpetuity. The National Playing Fields Association [NPFA] - uses the title Fields In Trust [FIT] - and is Trustee of the parent Charity. Any local plans for the Woodhouse Eaves field has to be cleared by them.